Eiffel

Friday, April 30, 2010

Work Day 3

This last week in class, we planned on digitizing our footage. However, as we waited for our turn to get digitized we realized that we really don’t have much to edit and digitizing now would be a waste. We decided to film over what we have so that it wouldn’t just be us yelling at each other. I also suggested to my group that since my schedule wasn’t flexible at all, I wouldn’t be an actor and that way our group could have more time to film. I also thought that having all of us in the movie, made the movie too stiff because it was non-fiction. With different actors, I felt like the comedy would be more effective.

Things got a little heated in class because our director wanted to go back to the second storyline about the mountain boys. I was just really upset because I didn’t want our film to turn out looking like a home video of college kids kickin’ it on a mountain. So after we convinced him that changing our plot again was not an option, we decided to film that weekend and continue with the movie about a movie story.

Even the Wednesday before yesterday’s class period, I was worried because we still had no footage and I had hoped that our group would have it so that the editors wouldn’t have to do so much editing during finals. However, I didn’t exactly go out of my way to ease any of our troubles and so I can’t really complain. I am just glad that things got accomplished and we can start editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment